Popular Posts

Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Country Of Alphabets

These are strange times in the country of alphabets especially after a landslide of new scams emerged before the public eye recently. Alphabets are losing their faith in the country’s leaders. Yes, the country of alphabets is a democratic country where C is currently the ruling party and had won the last election by a show of hands. Not everyone could vote off course, only the Vs. All the Vs had great faith in C but now the times are changing. Every corner of country is bustling with heated discussions about what should be done.

A : I have lost faith in the system. How did everything get so fucked up all of a sudden ?

B : It was always fucked up actually, we just happen to notice it now.

A : V should never have elected C, that guy’s a waste of time. He outright lied to win the elections.. V should have never trusted him.

B : Didn’t u say something about B the last time ? And J . And P if i remember correctly.

A : Yeah ? Well this time I mean it. Things have never been worse

B : I don’t think the problem is the alphabets V elect but the very system by which the elections are held.

A : What do u mean ?

B : I mean V don’t have the power to make a change

A : Actually V have all the power, V are just too lazy and uncoordinated to bring about a change.

B : No, what I’m trying to say is that just because a majority agree on something doesn’t necessarily make it right. Sometimes its the minority that’s right. The problem with democracy is that it puts too much faith on a large group of people.

A : I think the problem with democracy is that V are all idiots.

Yes, these are strange times indeed.

C figures that in this time of trouble the country badly needs cheering up. C calls a press conference to make an important announcement.

C : We are facing a very bad year. But we cannot let this affect us too severely. I have thought long and realized that we need a symbol of hope and prosperity to keep our spirits high – we need a mascot. I announce that our country’s new mascot is none other than the alphabet I. I stands for the country and is representative of our bright future.

O : Sir, but how will it solve our problems ? I will only shout sensational meaningless things to get everyone’s attention. That doesn’t help the country in any way whatsoever.

C : Dont worry, I will do wonders for this country. I will remove poverty and ensure every citizen of this fine country gets all the basic facility.

O : What about U ? The mascot the last govt choose? U failed to deliver on any of the promises. How do we know these are not just pipe dreams?

C : U will be not of any of use to this govt, I will handle everything. Don’t worry. Trust us. U pretty much sat their and did nothing the last time, I will not repeat this. I can do absolutely anything and U cant stop us.

Despite C’s best efforts, the most alphabets still have a good share of cynicism and seem sick and tired of hearing the same things again and again. After the conference C meets the I and.. aa.. uhmm

Well I don’t really remember the rest of it, but this is definitely more than meets the I.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading a post that will make people think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Method" is the careful, systematic way that something intelligent is done. "Madness" is the strange, meaningless action of a crazy person. There is "method to one's madness" when what looks like strange and meaningless action (madness) is actually the result of a carefully reasoned plan (method). Example: "Give me a moment to explain; there is method to my madness." [This idiom comes from Hamlet by William Shakespeare, Polonius speaking: "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it."] Example: "We thought he was crazy to do it that way, but it turned out that there was method to his madness."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good movie. I suggest every Indian watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete